Thursday, November 11, 2010

Design in the hood - part deux

So it happened and it was exactly as expected - amazing.  The Junior League of  San Francisco partnered with decor bible,  Elle Decor to create this showhouse at 300 St Francis Boulevard (in St. Francis wood).    I have been looking forward to this opening for a while and it did not disappoint.  


While there were definitely a lot of designers, decorators and "industry" there,  I am sure I was the only "paint guy" there, and you can be damn sure I was the only guy checking out trend color schemes and trim colors.   And what eye candy it was.    But I managed to go to the show WITHOUT MY CAMERA.   So the photos below are courtesy of a blog you should definitely read called CasaSugar.  


This 5,000 sq ft home is positively delicious.  You want to lick it, the place is that delicious.  I was hyper excited to check out the color scheme, and it was not the usual "historic" color palette by any stretch.  The house was (what I consider to be) heavy on the wallpaper / grasscloth use, but I'm biased since I'm A PAINTER.    But there is no denying the style this place oozes.  It is a family home, that isn't "precious" about fixtures or fittings even though they were very high end and quality pieces.  For more info on the showhouse, check the Elle Decor showhouse link by clicking here:  www.elledecor.com/showhouse  -  To see the great photos from CasaSugar, click here.  
"Q"

No comments:

Post a Comment